August 4, 2010

About Me

I've been a freelance writer for over two years now and love to share my experiences, both good and bad, with others. I hope my blog entertains you, helps you find a job, gives invaluable advice and, if possible, does all three.

I write for Demand Studios, WiseGEEK, TopTenREVIEWS and recently started a job at Consumer Search. In the past I've worked for a number of smaller sites and created web copy for private clients. I'm now expanding my work to full-time status and trying to make my way up the freelance writing ladder.

Currently, I'm earning my degree in web design with a year's training in web authoring which deals with web copy and articles designed specifically for the way online readers skim read.

I love to research and write about virtually every subject I can get my hands on, but my favorites lie in arts and crafts, personal organization, personal finance, home and garden, web design/Photoshop and, of course, writing about writing.

In November I start pitching my first novel, a comedy/satire by the name of "The God Intrusion" for publication. I already have a small bonfire built for burning rejection letters (after salvaging any helpful critiques of course) and several stamps armed and at the ready for sending out the manuscript until it finds an agent or catches fire.

Portfolio:

See a sample of my work at the following sites:

Free Activities In Washington, D.C. (Livestrong.com)

Reading by the Gushing Library Fountains in Murfreesboro, Tennessee (Trazzler.com)


What Is a Continously Variable Transmission? (WiseGEEK.com)

What Is Octyl Methoxycinnamate? (WiseGEEK.com)



Gadget Gift Stores Review 2010 (TopTenREVIEWS)

0 comments:

Post a Comment